Person Centred Care
• We listen to older individuals and seek to understand their needs.
• We respect their choices, and seek to meet their needs with creativity and flexibility.
• We seek to enable older individuals to engage in life through activities they enjoy, find satisfying and from which they derive dignity and self-respect.
• We encourage older individuals to remain involved in their community.
• We actively encourage family and friends to be involved as partners in their care.
• Our staff value older individuals and demonstrate this in their behaviour and attitudes.
• We provide support to one another, work co-operatively, respecting one another's views.
• We endeavour to make our work environment fun and enjoyable.
• We respect each other and our different roles and value the diversity of team members.
• We encourage effective, open and honest communication.
• We are accountable for our actions and results achieved.
• We always strive to do what is right for those to whom we provide care, our community and each other.
• We are ethically unyielding, honest and inspire trust by saying what we mean, matching our behaviour to our words and taking responsibility for our actions.
• We are committed to excellence in the services we provide.
• We exceed expectations and improve standards through innovation, learning, lateral thinking and measured risk taking.
• We are allowed to fail but we are not allowed not to try.